I ended up adding the padding only to the right edge, which cleans up the hard outer edges of circles, which is where it bothered me the most. I also realized that there were dark pixels around the feathered edges. This was due to a blending error where I was setting a framebuffer to transparent black rather than transparent with the background colour. There are still some jaggies, as shown in the images below, but they are working quite well.
I also made some quick changes realizing that radial lines are never offset inwards or outwards from the circle, this is because offsets were only applied in 1D. I’ve added a second offset parameter for 2D offsets and there is a lot of additional variety. I just realized this also means my previously trained model is no longer useful (due to the additional parameter), but I’ll need to train on some actual attention data anyhow. I’ll post some of those new compositions soon.