Training on Larger Data Set

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:18 pm

I ran a couple of experiments using a split of 80% training and 20% validation on the new larger (naturally) balanced data set. Unfortunately the results are not very good. At best I got an accuracy of ~70% where 125 “good” compositions were predicted to be “bad” and 111 bad compositions predicted to be “good”. My first attempt was even worse and I tried increasing the number of hidden units without much improvement. I’ll try cross-validation approaches next before jumping into some ideas for transforming the input data. I think this new data set size should be sufficient…